Christmas Hymns for Xylophone or Beginner Piano is an independent work pack that allows you to give a meaningful music grade with minimal resources. Useful for in-class or at-home learning. All your students need is access to a keyboard or an 8 note xylophone. Great for a variety of levels of music ability.
Covers topics such as:
- whole, half, quarter and eighth notes
- dotted notes and sixteenth notes
- 3/4. 4/4 and 6/8 time signatures
- equivalent fractions
Each music theory lesson leads into a song for students to practically apply their new skills through performance.
- 5 well-known Christmas hymns, increasing in difficulty. Specifically arranged to be played on a xylophone.
- 5 music theory lessons that give students the understanding to read and play the songs independently.
- 5 worksheets to practice new music skills
- Anchor charts on the very basics of the piano and xylophone
- Example answers to all the worksheets
- Rubric for the music theory