Great for grade 1 math centers or distance learning take-home package.
Cut and paste unit cubes, cut-out and order based on height and draw. 10 hands-on measurement activities that are designed with early readers in mind.
This is an easy way to set up 3 measuring math centers that students can navigate independently. Just add scissors, glue and pencils, (or crayons) and you are done!
- word map for math vocabulary
- a list of 'need-to-know' sight words
- visual clues to help emerging readers decode questions independently
- explicit instructions on how to measure
- example problems with solutions to model best practices
- best practices checklist
- 10 activities total
- 4 ordering questions, (tallest to shortest, etc) - plus modeled question
- 3 'how many units' questions- plus modeled question
- 3 drawing measurement questions - plus modeled question
- an extension question that connects 'units' to inches
- all answers to the questions.