These grade 5 word problems use scaffolding to turn everyone into a word problem expert! Modelling and anchor charts give students resources to confidently solve real-life math problems independently. Engaging and relevant questions keep students motivated to learn.
Assign as a full independent package, or only assign certain questions based on the student's level.
Level 1 - Accommodated learning.
Questions closely resemble the examples and answer sentences are partially filled out.
Level 2 - At grade level.
Questions are multi-step and cover the grade 5 curriculum.
Level 3 - Extended Learning.
Questions will challenge students and require critical thinking skills!
- Word map - helps students recognize math words in problems
- Ways to show you thinking - anchor chart
- 3 example problems that are closely linked to level 1 questions
- Decimal word problems (to the thousandths)
- Multi-digit multiplying and dividing word problems
- Range and mean word problems
- Math reflection (could be added to math journal)
- Example answers with full solutions, drawings and answer sentences
- 22 questions in all at the highest level including math reflection