Music and music theory for beginners! Sunday School Songs and Music Theory for Xylophone or Beginner Piano is an independent work pack or classroom aid that allows you to give a meaningful music grade with minimal resources. Useful for in-class or at-home learning. All your students need is access to a keyboard or an 8 note xylophone. Great for those with little musical background.
Covers topics such as:
- Learning the notes
- Note and rest values
- Important music symbols
- Sharps and flats
- Key signatures
Each music theory lesson leads into a song for students to practically apply their new skills through performance.
- 5 well-known Sunday School songs, increasing in difficulty. Specifically arranged to be played on a 8-note xylophone or keyboard.
- 5 music theory lessons that give students the understanding to read and play the songs independently.
- 5 activities to practice new music skills
- Anchor charts on the very basics of the piano and xylophone
- Example answers to all the worksheets
- Rubric for the music theory